4 Social Media Activities That You Should Do
In the first three weeks of 2018, from January 04-19, Facebook’s CEO, Mark Zuckerberg made three big announcements
- On January 04, he declared his personal challenge to affix the issues plaguing Facebook, such as “protecting our community from abuse and hate or making sure that the time spent by users on Facebook is the time well spent.
- On January 11, he announced a sweeping change to the news feed ranking algorithm. This major announcement took the Internet by storm. The change prioritizes content from “friends, family and groups. The content should spark conversations and meaningful interactions between people.
- A week later on January 19, Mark Zuckerberg announced a second major update to the news feed: i.e., to make sure that the news people see, while less overall, is of high quality. Now who and and what factors will determine the level of quality!
The changes are expected to roll out over the next few months, businesses will most likely witness a significant decrease in organic reach. Users will also probably spend less time on Facebook, but the time they spent will be spent in learning something fruitful. This means in the news feed, you will come across fewer scraps and more pictures of your friend’s last outing!
While no-one out there is aware of the impact news feed changes will bring forth to the business. However, there are certainly ways for businesses on Facebook to work with in accordance with the new algorithm.
Not just Facebook, but all major social media platforms – such as Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and more – provide a number of opportunities to enhance customer relationship in real time. Just like the latest Facebook news feed changes, all social platforms undergo certain changes every now and then. But if you know what to do on social media to engage and interact with yoru audience, then you can succeed in the social world and boost your bottom line.
The below mentioned 4 social media activities can help you reach more customers, improve brand loyalty and promote your company in a positive way:
- Engage With Customers on Relevant Platforms – Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+ are the perfect place for engaging your customers. Hence, a well-thought-out customer engagement strategy is essential. Customers are the ones driving brand interactions, with more power than ever before. With the new changes that have been introduced in Facebook, one thing that has not undergone change is its ability to make sure that the users always see posts from their favorite Pages by choosing “See First” in their news feed preferences. This means businesses should foresee this as a great way to increase customer engagement.Follow potential customers on different social platforms, leave comments on their posts or reshare their content. You can also ask them to follow your official page. This is a great way to increase your brand awareness, especially when you don’t have a lot of followers or an established position.
- Create, Share Quality Content or Posts – When it comes to great content, it is always about quality, not quantity. Quality content forms the core of a sound social media strategy. The customized content should educate, inform, entertain, or inspire your audience for free. On the other hand, if the content happens to be engaging, it opens the door to your social media fans, invite them in and sometimes they’ll stay for tea and biscuits. This all together means that brands should create quality content focused on sparking conversations with their users.The simple Golden rule of “Give and Take” is completely apt here. The more you give to your fans – that means content that educates, engages and supports – the more social media will be a real contender in boosting your overall marketing plan. Try to include questions in your post or write on the trendy topics where people have an opinion to share. This is because users will more likely to see the posts where their friends and family are commenting.
- Be Consistent – Depending on your business, clever use of Facebook and other social media platforms can drive customers your way. Make sure that you are consistent when it comes to posting on Facebook, but at the same time, also be assured that the content educates and engages the users. Share photos or interesting tidbits that draw the customer to your social media channels, and then to your website. If you’re blogging, podcasting or posting videos, use your social media accounts to link to them.Always make sure that besides being consistent, you will also have to create great, relatable and meaningful content. Brands can invest in their live video production, digital creative, and storytelling capabilities. Videos are still favored by majority of social media users, but live videos are also gaining traction. Hence, pay attention to it!
- Interact & Converse – Now when you have produced the content that generates an interaction such as a comment or share, make sure you converse with the user. Conversation is the key to success. However, be cautious that you do not fall into the trap of accidentally producing engagement for this will have an opposite effect on your visibility. The interact and converse strategy will help solidify your relationship with the customer. Like or give a reply to their comment or share their story from your brand image it will help them feel special.It makes your users feel that you care about them. Your brand will feel more authentic, which increases affinity. It also will introduce your business to new prospective customers in a very positive light.
But, But, But…. There’s one thing that you should AVOID too
There exists a fine line between engaging and sharing too much. Get engaged, there’s no problem, but avoid sharing the same thing again and again or in different posts. Keep a little gap between each share or avoid sharing too much. Also, don’t add links each time.
Authenticity and trust are the pillars of social media. Marketing on social platforms is all about authentic interaction, which is destroyed when you sharing too much content or advertise too much about your brand. Be authentic or go home.
At Source Soft Solutions, a leading social media marketing company, our social media professionals have the skills and expertise to enhance your brand value across different social media platforms. From creating social media marketing plan to doing all types of social media activities, you can rely on our expertise to increase your brand visibility, enhance customer engagement and generate more traffic to your website through social platforms.
To know how Source Soft can help your business grow!